Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

My brake, tail and dash lights are all out. Getting ready to

Customer Question

my brake, tail and dash lights are all out. Getting ready to take to shop and wanted to know something so as to not appear like a dumb female and get ripped off, (but that NEVER happens! LOL)
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: well inside fuses appear to be ok . friend is on his way to check under hood fuses and bulbs
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2002 Dream Catcher I believe. I didn't buy it
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2002 sure of
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: y I'm researching to impress this man. is this going to cost me anything? just out of hosp. so brokish
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 27 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

The most likely thing is that you have a blown fuse, even though you have checked the ones inside, there are others under the hood. If the mechanic does not offer to check the fuses, then you should ask him to do so first. If he immediately goes into talking about a diagnostic fee then you should be wary. Most mechanics are very gracious and not out to get people, especially women, but there are some out there so be careful!

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
a single fuse could be causing all this?? Is this one of those nice things Auto Zone would possibly check before I take it to the shop you think?
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
no call needed
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thank you so much for the help. Talk about great service! Glad I found this site again.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
You ROCK! I will bookmark this site and make a note of your name. Thanks again.
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Joshua, Not griping, nor finding any fault. Just providing you possible helpful linfo. You will see above I wrote on Saturday and asked about my brake lights and tail lights being out on my "02 PT Cruiser. You(as a few others) said it was most likely a fuses(s). I finally took it into the auto shop we normally use to keep my partner happy yesterday. First, the gentleman came out and told me they would have to take at least an hour to check every fuse costing $$96!
I called and told my partner and he said I was there, I had to have the lights so while he wasn't happy, tell them to go ahead. Turns out it was just a couple of bulbs, no fuses. Still ended up costing $46 but better than almost $100.
Thank you for the advice and I just wanted to relay the alternate answer. Oh, the dash lights was where someone whose taller than I had hit the light switch and had dimmed the dash lights.Once again, thanks for the advice. Hope this alternate answer is something that you can use.
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 22 days ago.

Thanks so much for your feedback. It is very useful to hear this from customers because the truth is, you never know until you look at the car! Have a great day