sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler aspen 2008 my key wouldn't work to turn my alarm

Customer Question

Chrysler aspen 2008 my key wouldn't work to turn my alarm off so I put it in the ignition it still wouldn't turn off. Called locksmith he made a key stop the alarm but security theft light stil coming on I have no power it want crank start nothing
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 25 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Unless the key was programmed to the vehicle with a scan tool then the engine wouldn't be able to start.

It sounds as if you may have a wireless control module issue. Does the S***** *****ght stay on solid or does it flash?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
It flash

The key isn't being validated by the WCM then. Have you tried a battery disconnect?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
we disconnected the battery the new key works to start it up but my remote key want start my truck up

If the new key works but original does not then the original has failed.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
the original don't work in the ignition

That's because it has failed. That's why it was replaced.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
But it does not have the alarm on it

It doesn't have the keyless entry buttons? It wasn't a correct key for the vehicle then. A plain SKIM key will start the engine but the correct key is a FOBIK, a key with integrated fob.