Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

How do i perform a dry run on my 2010 chrysler 300? the

Customer Question

how do i perform a dry run on my 2010 chrysler 300? the mechanic just replaced the oxygen sensors and i drove 120 miles on hwy still wont pass . what do i do
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 26 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Do this: 1st make sure that the fuel is over 1/4 tank before you start the drive. Then start the car when it is cold. Get on the highway/freeway and drive at 60 mph at a STEADY speed for about 2 miles. Then pull over and let the engine idle in gear for 30 seconds. Now drive again at a STEADY 45 to 50 mph for 2 miles. Again pull over and let the engine idle for 30 seconds in gear. Then shut the engine off and restart it. That should work. If not, try again. If the sensors are working properly, then the OBD II monitors should run and pass. That is the drive procedure I use and it works well.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 26 days ago.
I hope that this information is helpful and if so would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you! Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 23 days ago.

Any luck?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 21 days ago.

Hello?