sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My car wont start. Pop a lock said that its something with

Customer Question

My car wont start. Pop a lock said that its something with the immobizer but the car gives codes p1654 and p1655.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: I didnt say anything about a noise
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 1999 chrysler 300m
JA: Are you fixing your 300M yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Would u please read what i said already.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ur killing me pearl
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What things could be causing my car to not start?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Neither of the codes mentioned are valid for this vehicle.

There are several things that will cause a no start condition and it will take some testing to determine exactly what is going on. If the problem was related to the SKIM system then it would have started and died three times and then locked the starter out. Was that the case?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How are the codes not valid? They came from the mileage readout area of the dash. I googled the codes and based on my vehicle, one is in regards ***** ***** battery being disconnected recently and the other is in regards ***** ***** recognizing key. Pop a lock said it was the immobilizer but he was trying to pass the buck before he even showed up. Is it possible it is the immobilizer or could it be the ignition still? I have gotten no answers and im just frustrated because from the very start it was obvious that i wasnt being heard by the dumb twit that asked where the noise was coming from when i said nothing about noise.

P1684 is what sets when the battery is disconnected. The two you mentioned are not in the service information for the vehicle information you provided.

Can you post the VIN?