Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .
45790705

2007 Chrysler aspen 4.7 stalls at highway speeds. Restarts

Customer Question

2007 Chrysler aspen 4.7 stalls at highway speeds. Restarts after removing negative battery cable and is fine for 24 hrs then dies again. Cleaned throttle body, changed MAPS and TPS sensor, IAC and ambient air sensor (what the codes were)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- what where the fault codes

2- When ever you cycling switch and resterts fine , that means yiu are reseting a module ?

3- we need to know which one causing it .

4- next time it want start , before cycling the switch you need to check what are you missing then ,we fuel & spark to run ?

5- Vacuum leaks needs checking , if there is a vacuum leaks and the fuel trims are maxed out ,it will stall and do that .

6- can you get fuel trim reading ,long term & shrt term fuel trims & oxygen sensor reading ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Currently showing p2074 vaccum has been checked

I sent you the Most possible causes for this , please click on the blue link to open up the picture listing the possible causes and I also sent you the wiring circuit diagram for it

There is a long steps procedure to trouble shoot this , you will need a scanner, voltmeter and test light if you want to do it yourself and have some troubleshooting experience I can send it to you here ,just let me know

P2074-MAP/TPS CORRELATION - HIGH AIRFLOW/VACUUM LEAK DETECTED

For a complete wiring diagram refer to Diagrams/Electrical. Theory of Operation This DTC sets when an unexpected high intake manifold air flow condition exists that can lead to increased engine speed and puts the NGC into a High Air flow Protection limiting mode. The High Air flow Protection feature includes RPM limits for when a Throttle and/or MAP sensor limp-in fault is present. - When Monitored: During all drive modes - Set Condition: If vacuum drops below 1.5 inches of Hg with engine RPM greater than 2000 RPM and closed throttle. One Trip Fault. Three good trips to turn off the MIL.

Please let me know if that works for you or you need anything else on it

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat