sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2008 pt cruiser and when I ran a self diagnostic on

Customer Question

I have a 2008 pt cruiser and when I ran a self diagnostic on it I cant find the codes on line there are several codes one of them is1313 the other ones have letters and numbers.L43.1 L42.9 Cf.9 s20.0
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: I brought it to a mechanic it dint read any codes when I brought it to auto zone it read my fan relay. when I drive it the lights on the dash board all light up and my gages all go to zero plus it feels like the gas power goes in it
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i brought it to my mechanic he specialized in electrical and he cant figure it out i gave him the codes to see if it helps out
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2008 pt cruiser
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It would take some testing at the time the problem is happening to know for sure what is going on but the most common cause of what you're describing is a bad ignition switch. A switch failure can cause loss of power to multiple components and modules at once and cause warning lights to come on, the gauges to drop and/or the engine to die.