sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2012 Town and Country no charging. New battery, alternator

Customer Question

2012 Town and Country no charging. New battery, alternator and pcm. no signal from brown with gray tracer wire from pcm
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 month ago.

Hi there.

The PCM gets a signal from the generator and then sends a pulse-width signal to the internal regulator. Any issue with either of these circuits will trigger a code. You'll need a bi-directional scan tool and/or a scope to diagnose the issue. Do you have access to these tools?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
unfortunately no....

In that case, I'm sorry, but I won't be able to help you. I'll opt out so others may try. Please don't rate or reply until another expert responds or the site will cycle this back to me.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If it isn't charging the problem could be in the alternator, PCM, a wiring issue between the two, or a problem with the positive output cable. The alternator may be charging but it's output isn't making it to the vehicle.

How are you determining it isn't charging?