Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .
45790705

2005 Chrysler T&C heater was blowing cold air and engine

Customer Question

2005 Chrysler T&C heater was blowing cold air and engine overheated. Topped off the overflow bottle. Engine temp now ok, but heater blows sometimes hot sometimes cold.
JA: Have you checked the freon? And do all the fuses have power?
Customer: Have not checked fuses. Refilled coolant.
JA: What is the model of your '05 Chrysler?
Customer: Town and Country
JA: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Refilled coolant.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- first you need a coolant pressure test , to see if there is any visible leaks :Where did that coolant go that u topped of

2- the coolant system needs drain, flush & bleed afterwards to make there is no air bubble in the system causing internment heat heat ?

3- if sitting on idle , if you give it gas , higher rpm, will the heat increase out of the vents ?

4- what is the mileage on it

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Mileage is about 88,000. Heat output seems to be steady when I increase rpm. No visible leaks, but I topped it off with 2-3 quarts of antifreeze two days ago and had to add the rest of the gallon when I checked just now.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's raining outside, so I won't be working on it with a phone call right now. Any further advice welcome.

If you don't see any leaks on the ground , those van has an issue with a leaking heater core.inside the dash, the one that creates the heat

I would do what i mentioned above and retest , drain, coolant flush, reverse flush and bleed system .

if you still losing coolant ,I would look into the heater core

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat