sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

First time driving it. Was going tnru, F, Through Settings

Customer Question

First time driving it. Was going tnru
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: F
JA: What year is your Chrysler?
Customer: Through Settings then safety area. It asked something about servicing the parking brake with yes no answer. I choose yes now light on parking brake is flashing and both instrument panel lights are on with z message stating the parking brake needs service. Cannot get lights to go off. Car on flat surface. If I take foot off. Rake car movers easily and requires constant tapping to may train at a stop. Doesn't feel like brake is really on. What to do? Afraid to drive if p.brake really on. 2015
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: I just purchased car from Enterprise car sales. Had been one of their rental cars and went thrust thetheir
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Was certified vehicle. This was literally the first time it was driven. I was setting up the EVICT and the u connect. I hit the
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: More button next to the video screen and was going the that drop down menu. Do u know what I am talking about This was all caused by me making a choice YES IN
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. I have no idea wha you are talking about. could you please retype in simpler understandable words?

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You've put the rear calipers into service mode. Per the owner's manual to re enter normal mode:

Ensure the vehicle is at a standstill.

Press the brake pedal with moderate force.

Apply the Electric Parking Brake Switch.