EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

My check engine light came on and I checked all my fluids in

Customer Question

My check engine light came on and I checked all my fluids in my oil was low I put that in and the light went out but the next day it came back on and then it went out and then it's come back on what could also be causing this I'm a do-it-yourselfer
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: It stays on
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2002 PT Cruiser I believe it's a limited
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: All I have done is check the fluids and that and watch the light listen to the engine it runs a little radical if I have my air, air conditioning on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 month ago.

Hi. There are several reasons that the check engine light can turn on. It would be impossible to just start recommending what to do without knowing what could have turned it on. Can you drive the car to an auto part store that will check the computer for free and see what code caused the light to turn on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did just that and the diagnostic code came up p 0340 and recommend to replace camshaft position sensor
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
At this time I hope I don't need you to call me I am going to try to replace this camshaft position censor myself and if I run into a problem then I will contact you again thank you for your time

Ok. THat sounds good. Please rate my assistance and let me know the outcome of replacing the sensor. Thanks.

Please rate the assistance provided with 5 stars. After rating the chat will remain open for any follow up questions you may have. Thanks.