Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I drive a 2007 Dodge Charger I went to get my emissions test

Customer Question

Hello I drive a 2007 Dodge Charger I went to get my emissions test today and failed because a code came up that said P0456. So I was trying to see what could be the problem and how much would it cost me if I go to the dealership.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Ok and thank you.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: P0456 and no mam I haven't.
JA: Are you fixing your Charger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No mam I'm not mechanical savvy so I was going to take it to the dealership.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes my engine light came on right before I took my car to be checked. I was wondering could that have something to do with the failed test.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

What size engine do you have? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
A V6
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

This means the evap system is leaking which is often caused by a failing gas cap so I'd start with that. If that doesn't help then I'd expect repair to be around $300 at dealer. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

No problem, let me know how it turns out or if you run into more questions. Thanks again and have a good weekend!