sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I took my 2007 pt cruiser to the shop because is not

Customer Question

I took my 2007 pt cruiser to the shop because is not accelerating It's stuck at 30 to 40 per hr. The mechanic replaced the wire and the spark plugs and transmission service. But after that I tried to drive it seems like the engine having a hard time to accelerate into higher gear and smell smoke. Can you tell me the problem why not really accelerating?
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: He change the transmission filter
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I brought it to the shop
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: AC is not working
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My 2007 pt cruiser's transmission was replace 2 years ago from the dealers shop and no warranty in it. Is there's anything to do with the transmission code?
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David. what transmission code are you referring to?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
According to my son in law he said it might be the transmission computer code, because my transmission replaced 2014. Yesterday i let the mechanic to tune up my car. He replaced the wire and the spark plugs and also replaced the transmission filter. Then after that test drive the car. The transmission is not really accelerating the way it use to. Seems like having a hard time to accelerate and engine is so loud when i pressed it hard...smell smoke. Please can you tell me what is the cause?

sorry for thr delay. had to go to the hospital.

is the check engine light on?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it's been light on for a year or more. I brought my car to a 2 different shop to fix it, but still the same. Even though they change some part that might help to stop the engine light on.

can you remeber the fault code, so we can fix this thing the right way?

hello????????

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The first thing that needs to be done is determine what fault codes are setting, diagnose and repair those issues. Do you know what P codes are currently setting?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry for the delay response. I don't know what P code is. What do I need to do to find out?

A scan tool or code reader needs to be connected to the data link connector to communicate with the powerrtain control module and see what fault codes are currently setting.