Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a 2013 Chrysler 200 and the fuse to the sunroof blew

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Chrysler 200 and the fuse to the sunroof blew within the first two weeks changed the fuse and it work for two months then blew again. Now it blows the fuse the second you turn the key on. Like a pinched wire?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- make sure the sunroof motor is not binding , use shop air to clean the sunroof track

2- use a voltmeter and measure the amp draw , f the sunroof motor going bad , it will pull more amps then that circuit can handle and blows it .

3- if you had a pinched wire it will blowing that fuse instantly ,I doubt it will last 2 month.

4- question is ? is it blowing the fuse when you use the roof or just blows it by itself with out even activating the roof

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat