Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

Clicking sound that sounds like it is coming from the fuse

Customer Question

clicking sound that sounds like it is coming from the fuse box and it will not start even with a jump start. It is as if the battery is dead but will not start with jump start and that clicing sound that seems to be coming from fuse box
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2005 300c touring V-8
JA: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just jump starting
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 month ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Everything that you described so far leads to a dead battery. Most likely it won't jump start because the jumper cables may be too thin. When the battery is dead on today's vehicle's you need enough current flow through the jumper cables to power up the PCM AND The starter, IF there is not enough current flow through the cables, you will be unsuccessful in getting it jump started.

At this time, I recommend to remove the battery and take it to your local autozone or oreilleys and have them "Load Test" the battery. If weak, replacement of the battery is recommmended. IF the battery is weak that would be the cause for the clicking noises AND the no start condition...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert