Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

My 2005 Chrysler Pacifica isn't blowing air down on the

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: My 2005 Chrysler Pacifica isn't blowing air down on the floor of my vehicle. It does work from the vents on the dash coming at me. What can I do to fix it?
JA: Have you checked the freon? And do all the fuses have power?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to fix it myself. I haven't tried anything just yet.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that for now.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The problem is a failing mode door or mode door actuator motor. However the system may just need to be calibrated. Try this first: disconnect the negative battery cable for 2 minutes and then reconnect it. See if the air will now switch to the vents. If not, then the mode door and/or actuator will need to be replaced.

I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.

Thank you!

Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I know that its the mode doors not allowing the air down on the floor. How do I fix it? Is this something I can replace myself?
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

If it is just the actuator, then yes you can. However if the door itself, you would need to remove the dash, discharge the ac system, and remove the HVAC housing, then open it up to replace the door. That is something that you would want a professional technician to do. Now if you want to replace the actuator and see if that works, I can send you the procedure to do that.

Let me know if you want to try that.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Chris, yes please send me the procedure on how to replace the actuator and I'll see if that works.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Ok. Will do that asap

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Ok, found a procedure. It is in that link below.

Click on the link to see it.

Thank you!

Chris

Here is the link:

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received the procedure I sent. Please let me know if you did or did not. I can send it again if needed.

Chris