Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I helped a friend who lost his wife, is a Vietnam veteran,

Customer Question

I helped a friend who lost his wife, is a Vietnam veteran, has diabetic problems in his feet, one of which has a sore that continues to be unhealed after four years. I helped him purchase a 1997 Chrysler Concorde from a used car lot in Hudson, Florida for $ 2400. He has had this vehicle about 6 months. He lives on social security alone, and what I am asking is about the car. The car will not hold oil and they say it is very labor intense to get into the engine to find the problem. Any suggestions or offers for solution. He and three others are reliant on him for transportation to Dr., meds, etc.
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: I don't think that is the problem. It just spews the oil out of the car.
JA: Are you fixing your Concorde yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: He had it towed to a reputable repair place in Hudson, to be told that it would cost at least $450 to get into the engine, probably more, to even begin to find out what is wrong. Talking about at least 12 hours labor because it is so hard to get into. He says no one even wants to do the job.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is all I know right now.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

When you say it will not hold oil are you seeing leaks on the floor when its parked or is it burning the oil?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He told me when he drove it and the problem started happening, there was a trail of oil all the way down the road and into his driveway.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Leaving a trail indicates a fairly large leak, are you able to determine where the leak appears to be coming from?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't want to have additional charges to this info, so cancel the phone call please
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
cancel the phone call please.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

We can work from this forunm, are you able to see what area the leak appears to be coming from?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not where the car is, but he says they think it within the engine. Like I stated before, a huge expense to even get into the engine. Is there any recourse for this person with regard to the purchase from the used car lot. Also, he hasn't paid off the $2400 owed and now it seems costs may grow to be more than the car is worth and he is without any transportation. A serious situation for him.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

The only recourse would be to take it back to the seller and see if they will honor the repair since he just purchased it. If they want your business then they should help you. How long has he had it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you recommend a good mechanic for this make and model vehicle in the Hudson, Florida area. If so, do you recommend trying to repair this vehicle. Also, what should he expect time and money wise for this repair.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He has had the car about six months.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

In order to be able to give you a good estamate on making the repair we need to start first with finding the source of the leak. Are you able to do that?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ron, are you still there?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Yes Im here,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Im here, In order to be able to give you a good estamate on making the repair we need to start first with finding the source of the leak. Are you able to do that?