Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .
45790705

No start/no crank. Replaced starter, battery, battery

Customer Question

No start/no crank. Replaced starter, battery, battery cables, no engine codes. I did what other mechanics said to take the negative cable off and replace it 30 seconds later. Now I have no start/no crank/no alarm system. And still no codes to go with
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: one click
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2001 PT Cruiser, 2.4L
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, and what I have tried so far is in the first paragraph
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know anything to ask yet
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1-you replaced these cables with new ones correct ?

2-and how this happened , you have no start and you replaced all these components and still no start ?

3-when you say no fault codes ,does the scanner say no communication or no dtc found ?

4-what are you using to scan it with

5-have you unplug the PCM and inspect it & the connector

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No dtc, code/engine diagnostic /and no I haven't checked the PCM or connectors. Don't even know where that is or the connections. I can see where that may cause the car not to start, but also the alarm system at the same time?

The PCM is located in the engine compartment.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Would that also stop the alarm system? I didn't have any problem until I replaced the starter

the security module location

yes it would I will stop the alarm .

the PCM in the PT cruiser , i can not count how many I changed on them

this the website I uses , you can send it in and the rebuild and send back and it will be plug & play, no dealer programming needed

http://store.allcomputerresources.com/ford.html?gclid=CjwKEAjw-abABRDquOTJi8qdojwSJABt1S1OEMz7gyvdPD8YcU-pkZjD3JhPqxUXvDsx7admXY-l2RoCB8fw_wcB

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay, I'll try that

ok sounds good

Keep me updated

I m online daily from 10 am till late

and you know how to get to me

Good luck

Chad

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

Thank You
Chad Farhat