Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I have a chryslertouring. There is a bumping noise on the

Customer Question

I have a chrysler(###) ###-####touring. There is a bumping noise on the front end underneath the car. I thought it needed a tune up but now sounds like a bad tire or a tire rod loose. I have investigated the tires they seem ok.
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?
Customer: two years old
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing really i have been busy, best i can tell you it sounds like a bad tire you know when you get that vibration and bumping feeling?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you.I will need to ask questions to get a good picture so I can better help you. Is this bumping all the time or more so over bumps, does it happen at all speeds or increase with speed.Do you feel it in the steering wheel or the seat of you pants more?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It first started at high speeds when I was accelerating from low speed to high speed at first. Then the next time I drove I went about five miles and it started the same vibrating noise at 35-40 miles per hour. I haven't driven it since, I felt and inspected each tire and found nothing but i may have to jack the car up and spin each around, it feels like a tire with a lump or pouch in it from my experience or could be something else.

would you like to solve this over the phone it would be quicker , up to you?