Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

I have a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country w/ 3.8 L that idles

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country w/ 3.8 L that idles rough and won't rev over 3000 rpm in park. Code is P0304 misfire on #4. Could this be MAF, TPS or CPS? Hate throwing parts at it just to narrow it down. Any advice? Has 167k and still getting 22MPG during regular driving. THANKS! Big Tim
JA: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?
Customer: Cleared the codes several times but keeps reoccurring after a short drive. No stalling but you can hear the stumbling in the exhaust at idle and won't rev over 3k?
JA: What year is your Country?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Regular maintenance including all the filters, oil pan gasket, starter, brakes, battery and new upper and lower manifold with plugs and wires.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Cary York replied 8 days ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

It is not going to be MAF, TPS or CPS. How old are the plugs and wires?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
3-4 mths
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Should I just swap out the wire and plug on #4 cylinder to see if it moves to a new code to prove the wire or plug is bad?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I checked #4 plug and it looks good with no build up but just regular clean firing. Didn't test the wire for that plug but could that be the culprit?
Expert:  Cary York replied 8 days ago.

Sorry for the delay in response. Yes I would swap wires and see if the misfire follows the wire. I would also check spark/fire from the coil.