Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.

On October !0th, Craig told me my problem on my car was in

On October !0th, David Craig told me my problem on my car was in the communication between the BCM and the PCM. He gave me a cut out showing where the BCM is supposed to be. I checked and can't find it. Is it possible that my car doesn't have a BCM and it is incorporated in the PCM? My car is a 2004 Pt Cruiser with a standard 2.4L gas engine and a standard transmission.

Ok, can I get the 17 digit vin number to ensure accuracy of answer

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

By the vin number, I am not showing a BCM, but rather the functions of the BCM handled by the instrument cluster, rke module, compass module, airbag module

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Do I have to change some thing in the instrument cluster or the instrument cluster itself.

Is there a specific fault code? A communication code should be Uxxxx - example U0110

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
it is U110C. I did notice that if I disconnect the battery for 10-15 minutes that the problem goes away for a couple of days.

Sorry for the delay. Having some internet issues

SYMPTOM U110C-NO FUEL LEVEL BUS MESSAGE WHEN MONITORED Ignition on. SET CONDITION No fuel level BUS messages received by the PCM for 20 seconds. POSSIBLE CAUSES - Communicate with cluster - Fuel level bus message - PCI bus circuit open from PCM to instrument cluster - Instrument cluster

You need to check the harness connectors to the instrument cluster, including loose or chafed wire and repair as needed. If ok, the instrument cluster should be replaced and programmed

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok, I'll check the wiring. Is the instrument cluster connected directly to the PCM or does it go through any other components.

The BUS line goes directly from the cluster to the PCM

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks, I'll take the cluster out and check the wiring.

you are welcome

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.