Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .
45790705

The cruise control on my 2012 T&C just now decided to cut

Customer Question

The cruise control on my 2012 T&C just now decided to cut out. It has worked fine since purchased in NOV, 2011. I typically can turn it on in park or any speed . But we just travelled 500 miles and the next day it would not activate.
What causes this so sudden and can I fix it reset something without going to the dealer?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1-If your problem is the PCM or Powertrain Control Module, this is one of the few items covered under the Federal 8 Yr/80K warranty.

so check with dealer first first ,call and give them your vin# ***** covered you dont pay for fixing.

2-if the problem with BCM (body control module or The FCM (front control module) but testing wil be needed to confirm .

most of the time the PCM is the issue .

3-having it scanned with factory scanner or equivalent wil be best to narrow it down.

but if you don't want to take for dealer or diagnostic Then try this manual Reset Below:

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wires as an extension if battery cables dont reach

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician