Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

What's it cost to ask a question, they don't take anything

Customer Question

what's it cost to ask a question
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Chrysler Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: they don't take anything further then the 5.00 without 1005 satisfaction?
JA: What is the model of your '00 Chrysler?
Customer: answer that second question please
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: MY 2003 pt cruiser was slipping really bad. It wouldn't drive or reverse without reeving the engine, eventually got where it wouldn't move. I rebuilt the transmision, replaced torque converter, replaced solenoid pack and both speed sensors. Full of fluid atf+4 Put it in any gear, and it goes into reverse and backs up and then goes into neutral, then repeats that over and over all by itself. Reverse, neutral, reverse, neutral and no backup lights
JA: Does the sensor have a wire-wrapped magnet? If so, have you checked it with an ohmmeter?
Customer: The range sensor is on the valve body assembly, it is inside the transmission
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: You never answered my question about the charges
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Do you want to talk to someone about the fees prior to me spending my time helping which would be a loss to me if you were to just get a refund?

SO far the symptoms point to a needing to overhaul again with attention to the clutches and bands.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris