Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

I have a 2004 pt cruiser. I have no headlights or

Customer Question

I have a 2004 pt cruiser. I have no headlights or dashlights, running lights, no blinkers and hazards are now only working occasionally.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: i have changed fuses, multi function switch, flasher relay, control module, ignition module switch.
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i just told you
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 8 days ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Do you have a test light? Scan tool with Body data?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have a test light. I did use it on the connections and everything lights up where is plugs in to the multi switch. Not sure what a scan tool is with body data. I have taken the vehicle to o'reilly's and had a read out done that gave numerous codes when the engine light came on briefly. The engine light is no longer on.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 6 days ago.

Using your test light test the fuses in the inside fuse box Fuse 1, 8, 19 and 20 should all be powered with key on. If they are turn headlamp switch on and go to underhood fuse box Check fuses 16 and 17. Let me know results

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi Sam, just checked fuse 1,8,19,20 with the key tune on number 1didnot light up . Number 8 did not light up, but I do not have fog light. Number 19 and 20 light up.check 16 and 17 and they light up with the key on and light swith light on . I just check the fuse 1 with the key on and the light swith on and number 1lighted up
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 5 days ago.

So fuse 8 does not light either side

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 4 days ago.

Have you removed the headlamp and checked for power and ground at socket?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Number 8 fuse does not light up either side . There is power to all four light socket , both side on both front head light.