Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I'm working on my 99 grand voyager 3.3 and looking for head,

Customer Question

I'm working on my 99 grand voyager 3.3 and looking for head, under intake and intake torque.
JA: Do you have the torque specs?
Customer: No, I need it.
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Voyager yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, reassemblin heads.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is it.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

I have enclosed the cylinder head gasket torque steps in the link below for you 3.3.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Head%20bolts%20Oct%2014.pdf

See the upper and lower intake as well in this link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Intaks%20Oct%2014.pdf

Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My intake it's straight not like that one, I don't know if it is the same torque
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

If you working on a 3.3 then the steps are correct for the upper and lower intake.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
WHY I HAVE TO PAY MORE IF YOU DON'T SEND THE ANSWER FOR THE 99 PLYMOUTH GRAND VOYAGER INTAKE AND UNDER INTAKE BOLTS TORQUE, THE PRINT YOU SENT ARE NOT FOR THAT VEHICLE
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Any money you have placed on deposit remains your money unless you rate the service. I have sent you what I have and if its not what you need then I will open the post back up for you and perhaps another will have what you need. I am sorry I could not help you.

Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

If some can help you they will respond back .

Expert:  david craig replied 8 months ago.

Hi Im David, here are the cylinder head specs

Tighten the cylinder head bolts 1-8 in the sequence shown in image. Using the 4 step torque turn method, tighten according to the following values:

• -Step 1: Bolts 1 - 8 to 61 Nm (45 ft. lbs.)
  • -Step 2: Bolts 1 - 8 to 88 Nm (65 ft. lbs.)
  • -Step 3: Bolts 1 - 8 (again) to 88 Nm (65 ft. lbs.)
  • -Step 4: Bolts 1 - 8 turn an additional 1/4 Turn. (Do not use a torque wrench for this step.)

NOTE: Bolt torque after 1/4 turn should be over 122 Nm (90 ft. lbs.) . If not, replace the bolt.

I will provide you with the upper and lower intake specs also. please allow me a moment. thank you.

Torque intake manifold: Step 1: 12 inch/Lbs, (hand tight) Step 2: 72 inch/Lbs, (6) Ft/Lbs Step 3: 12 Ft/Lbs
torque intake plenum: Step 1: 24 inch/lb (hand tight) Step 2: 48 inch/lb (4) Ft/Lbs Step 3: 84 inch/lb (7) Ft/Lbs (To torque bolts, start in center using crisscross pattern)

do you still need assistance?

hello?

Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 8 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxs37rf515j1wri/1017-grandvoyager-Cylinder%20Head%20Bolt%20Re.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/dxs37rf515j1wri/1017-grandvoyager-Cylinder%20Head%20Bolt%20Re.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help