Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

2006 CHRYSLER 300C 5.7 CYL #1 THE VERY FRONT LIFTER STOPPED

Customer Question

2006 CHRYSLER 300C 5.7 CYL #1 THE VERY FRONT LIFTER STOPPED OPENING. WE TORE IT DOWN AND DO NOT SEE A PROBLEM. COULD THIS BE JUST A BAD LIFTER OR CAN THE MDS SOLENOID CAUSE THIS PROBLEM. CAR HAS 153K MILES BUT IS FAIRLY CLEAN INSIDE
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

If the rocker arm stopped opening like the rest then you likely have a bad lifter. We have seen quite a few lifter issues and you done very good by removing the camshaft to inspect the lobes. If the lobes are fine then you will need to replace the lifter assy.. I suggest replacing all 4 lifters assemblys since you have it apart and also remove the MDS solenoids and if it has excess metal build-up on the magnet then replace the as well.. Also if you look at the front timing cover you will see a solenoid going into the backside of the timing and this is call the OCV(Oil control valve) you will need to remove it and see if the screens are busted and if yes then replace it as well.. This should take care of all your issues..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad