camerontech
camerontech, Technician
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

Second opinion] - I have a 2010 Chysler 300 when i step on

Customer Question

Second opinion] - HI. I have a 2010 Chysler 300 when i step on the brake the pedal makes a noise like clicking & the shifter is moving & clicking I can hear it under the dash too
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: it just started & its coming from the pedal, shifter & under dash
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my son went to spray wd40 behind the pedal but it is covered he cant get to the spring
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: does this cost me anything?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 month ago.

hi there,

im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech.
this clicking sound is your interlock.
this sound is normal. If you notice that it is louder than normal, than it will have to be visually inspected why and replaced and anything that might be associtated with the louder than normal operation. Loose components attached to it will cause it to be louder than normal.
i would not be too concerned about this, but panels will need to be removed to access the interlock for inspection

let me know how you make out!

please take a moment to rate me as it is important for my page!

thanks and i appreciate positive ratings!

thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I took the car to the dealer he said it was normal. Which I haven't heard it until now? I have had the car for 6 months, only has 13k on it...yes 13k. I bought it with 5461 miles on it. He said the more you drive it you will here little things here & there. Ugh..not what I wanted to hear. But it seems ok, just makes it when I go in & out of park. Otherwise, the car is a dream! Thanks

ya, i agree on the "more you drive, the more youll hear". especially on a car with only 13k.
good luck!,
please take a moment to give me a rating!, thanks