sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Failure to start will start and then wont start was setting

Customer Question

failure to start will start and then wont start was setting the alarm off in the car and it would bypass the alarm and I was told the BCM was going out...after spending 1000 $ with a stupid mechanic that replaced my fuel pump
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 99 chrysler concorde LXI
JA: Are you fixing your Concorde yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: took it to 5 mechanics and a dealership trying to fix it. Been on the diagnostic 3 times with no fix and they were completely lost to the issue until we ran across a mechanic that told us to sit in the car activate the alarm and set it off and the car will start.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: car runs great when it starts I have about pulled my hair out thats about it lol
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that will cause a no start condition. The problem will require testing at the time it is happening to know for sure what is going on.

Was there anything replaced other than the fuel pump?

What specifically happens when trying to start the engine when it doesn't start?

The dealer was not able to diagnose the issue?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No the dealership ran full diagnostic and nothing showed up. A mechanic at my grand daughters birthday party showed me how to set the alarm off while inside the car. He said that he's had many Chryslers with the issue. It cranks but isn't getting gas. I replaced fuel pump ,water pump timing chain combo,radiator,tensioner pulley,on bord computer.

You've verified there is no fuel pressure when the engine doesn't start?