Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .
45790705

I have 2004 chrysler 300m 6 cylinder. it is hard to start.

i have 2004 chrysler 300m 6 cylinder. it is hard to start. it has 104000 miles on it. I've had a new battery, fuel injectores cleaned and I've even tried using premium gas nothing seems to help. I had my plugs changed around 80000 I don't know what else to do Help

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok

hey how are you

1- have you checked the starter ,is it dragging and that is why hard to start ?

2- or does it turn over good but just want start quickly

3- have you checked the battery cables from battery to starter for loose or corrosion

4- have you had a diagnostic scan done & was there any fault codes ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i have had a diagnostic done, no fault codes. the cables are in good shape. It cranks fine. it just doesn't kick in to start. just keeps on cranking

CHANGE THE CKP SENSOR

it is a common issue , you can check further if at the time of no start if you are missing spark ?

hey ron

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician