sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Clicking sound under intake !!is cycleing fuel pump relay

Customer Question

clicking sound under intake !!is cycleing fuel pump relay and car wont run when happening !!runs fine when no click
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: was till other day 200,000 +
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 99 concorde lx
JA: Are you fixing your Concorde yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: is for a friend !! replaced fuel pump a couple months ago !replaced pos battery cable today ! also clicking continues with key off until batt unhooked then no click will run
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no codes set !
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is or has the check engine light come on with this noise/issue here at all or have fault codes been checked at all with a fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
As I said on first sight no codes set
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

Has there been anything after market installed at all like a remote start or alarm system?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No car is stock
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

Is the fuel pump relay clicking off and on as well with this clicking noise or is this the source of the clicking?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
relay is clicking ! Unplug relay still clicking under manifold ! Unhook battery and stops !haven't waited to see how long will keep going !but keeps clicking with key off and out
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

O.k.,unfortunately after looking through my info on this here I dont see anything myself that would show what will cause this here but someone else here may have this info.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you have a powertrain control module related issue. If it doesn't start along with relays and other items clicking that would usually be caused by the PCM not being fully awake.

Have you checked for PCM communication using a scan tool at the time the problem is happening?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No I did not ! Will try that

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
You did note it continues clicking under manifold and cycling fuel pump relay with key off and removed ?