Lou P
Lou P, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+ years experience in the automotive field on all types of vehicles with access to diagrams and repair info.
27644750

2004 pt cruiser idles fast when you put in drive brakes are

Customer Question

2004 pt cruiser idles fast when you put in drive brakes are hard
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Lou P replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Expert:  Lou P replied 3 months ago.

From what you are describing tells me the issue is with a leaking brake booster, hose to the brake booster, or loose hose . there is a hose that runs from the power brake booster to the intake manifold, the booster works off of engine vacuum and assist the brakes. that is what makes the pedal feel soft. when this booster or hose fails it allows excess air to the engine which will make the engine rev up, and it will deplete the assist in the booster. so you need to have those items checked. hope this helps, Lou P.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.