Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have spent over $5large on my Chrysler x-fire 2005, for a

Customer Question

I have spent over $5large on my Chrysler x-fire 2005, for a not start-stalling problem. I've had the work done all at a dealership. They say that they can't duplicate the problem in the shop. Looked on line for simulare problems from other owners. I have found a website showing how to repair the RMC in the x-fire but I'm not mecahical. Could this be the solution to my reoccurring problem
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It is very possible the fault is in the RMC itself needing repaired or replaced.Unfortunately the best way to locate the cause for this issue is for the shop/dealer to duplicate the issue then from there they can test and locate the fault.I have had to ask my customers if I can hold onto their vehicle for a day or more to operate it off and on to duplicate the issue then once duplicated I could repair it from there.This may need done in this case here since it is an intermittent fault as in almost all cases it cannot be diagnosed until it is duplicated.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Pete, thank you for responding to my question. The fact is that the dealership has had my car for a month on this last venture. I have had my car, within the last 4 months, at the dealership trying to solve the starting problem. Several parts have been replaced, including a new $250.00 battery and several relay switches ect. They say that they can not duplicate the problem. However, when I picked up my car the last time, it would not start 1 block away from their location. They gave me a ride back to the shop and I've had a loaner car until this last time. I picked up my car, had it washed and it would not start after the wash. A few minutes later it fired up. What possibly could be the issue. Tired of it not working. I need HELP
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: Not even 90K
JA: What year is your Th!nk?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your Th!nk yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I'm not mechanical. Everything I can think of and every part that was recommended including a starter relay and a new ignition system
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've spent close to $5 grand so far. And the mechanics at the dealership say they can find the problem. I will run good for several days and then stop starting. I'm at a loss. I've gone on line to see if others have had the same problem and found many, many owners have had the same thing happen to them, but know one has responded with a solution
Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

Can you list all that has been repaired or replaced to try and locate and repair this issue here?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Everything connected with the electrical system has been checked,including a new battery replacement. Nothing comes up neg on check. Ignition system, replaced, an ignition switch replaced. Nothing else comes up bad on the systems check. Other replacements have nothing to do with the starting problem. (transm. etc.)