sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

We have had our 1014 Town and Country Tour Edition for under

Customer Question

We have had our 1014 Town and Country Tour Edition for under a year. It has 42000 miles on it. I have experienced a couple of quirky things recently and would love some advice. When we get in the car and the air starts to come on it will surge and then cut off. If I push enough buttons or if I turn the air all the way off and then back on it will fix itself. Second, the heat does not always work. The defrost will blow out warmer air but the air vents will not always blow out warm air. Only cold air. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Third is when we have our phones plugged into the jack on the radio it will sometimes make a loud buzzer noise and then the radio just cuts out, and lastly, the cruise control button does not always come on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, since the first two issues may be related I will address them as one question. this is a one question/issue site. If you need assistance with the buzzing noise and the cruise problem you will need to open 2 new requests. If this is satisfactory to you, then we can continue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thats fine I guess
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I wanted to follow up and make sure that you had not responded yet. I did not want to do the call at the additional cost but had not see an email response come through yet.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you please respond and let me know the status of you working on my question

i didnt offer the call. the site does that automatically sorry

first thing i need you to do is check the coolant level.

when you say the air surges out are you talking about the ac or just any air? and doe it happen on all fan settings

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the ac. when we start the car and if the ac was left on from when we were last in it it blows out a surge of air and then it cuts itself off. when the ac is off and it blows fine if we have the temp turned up for the heat though it sometimes blows cold air and sometimes it works
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no worries about the call. thank you for explaining this. i will be glad to check the coolant how do i do this.

take the cap off of the radiator or pressurized reservoir. make sure you see coolant if it has a radiator cap. if no cap, make sure the coolant is up to the full cold mark on the reservoir. thats the first step.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
got it. I will check this out and let you know. thank you

ok thanks

hows it going?

do you still need assistance?

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The most likely cause for the cruise not working would be the switch itself. The heat issue may be a calibration problem, a bad actuator or the heater core may be restricted with debris.

Were you able to check the coolant level?