Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

My ignition won't turn, steering wheel not locked, earlier

Customer Question

My ignition won't turn
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: steering wheel not locked, earlier steering was lock. drove home parked truck .turn off tried to turn back on .would'nt turn key.key not damage
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2007 Chrysler Aspen
JA: Are you fixing your Aspen yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no,nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The ignition lock tumblers are sticking. The lock cylinder may need to be replaced. But try this trick first: Remove the key and spray some WD40 or equivalent into the key slot. Now insert and remove the key several times. Then reinsert the key and tap the end of it several times with a small hammer. This usually loosens up the tumblers and allows the key to turn.

Try that and let me know if it helps.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer. Please let me know if you did or did not. I can send it again if necessary.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer. Please let me know if you did or did not. I can send it again if necessary.Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Hello??

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Good morning! Just checking back to see how it is going. I was hoping that when you get a chance, would you kindly rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you!

Chris