Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified

2009 PT cruiser and alarm went off under driver sign (!) any

Customer Question

2009 PT cruiser and alarm bell went off under driver sign (!) any idea what that means
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: no but looks looks like is related to the car being in the driving geer
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no knowledge about cars
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have not had very good expierence with this car and have sometimes experienced some hesientency when excellerating
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 18 days ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Was this the lamp that is showing? --->> Click Here to view <<---

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
that is what is showing up under the place os dash board for when car is in drive
Expert:  Robert R replied 18 days ago.

That is the Low Tire pressure warning lamp. Set pressure to proper specs on all tires and check for signs of a cause of one of the tires going low such as a nail in the tire. After setting tire pressure, drive it for at least 20 minutes for the lamp to go out.

IF the lamp does not go out, it means that there has been a malfunction with the TPMS system (tire pressure monitoring system). If this is the case, you will need to visit the dealer for diagnosis.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,