john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech ASE certified

2006 Chrylser 300C EGR valve replaced on 10/8. Now, on 10/9

Customer Question

2006 Chrylser 300C EGR valve replaced on 10/8. Now, on 10/9 the ETC light flashes and the ESP stays on. I can stop and turn off engine and restart car and it will go away. But, after driving for awhile the ESP Light starts flashing again and the ETC comes back on. What do you think ?
JA: Has the light been on for some time?
Customer: EGR replaced on 10/ 8. ETC light started flashing day after along with the ESP that stays on
JA: Are you fixing your EXP yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. that should be it.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 14 days ago.

do You have access to a scan tool?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No. I am not doing the job myself. Single parent Mom.

ahhh ...does it run ok?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
with the exception of the lights coming on. Then it has a tendency to drag.

Hi. There are many things that will turn this light on. It could be a very expensive problem, or it could be as cheap and simple as a $20 map sensor. We have to see what codes are stored in the engine controller first. Unfortunately, on your 300 there is no customer code retreival method like other cars. The codes have to be retreived with a reader or scanner. Most big chain parts stores will check for codes for free now, so swing by a parts store and have them check the codes. Write down the codes they give you and come back and post them here and I will tell you what to do

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok. Will do.

great thank you...

Hope you can rate my service 5 star

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Just left OReilly's and Auto Zone. The Reader was ineffective in providing codes due to the fact the Representatives indicated that the engine light was not on.I never indicated that my engine light was on. Curious, why would you suggest that I get it scanned ?

a more advanced scan tool may be needed the etc is a traction control light and the esp is stability control...unfortanetly if the scan tool they have will not access a professsional tool will be required

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I'll just go to Chrysler service repair.

ok i apoligise ..without trouble codes its a guessing game...Id rather give a accurate answer then a are needed...