sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I'm sitting in my Chrysler town and country minivan at work.

Customer Question

I'm sitting in my Chrysler town and country minivan at work. It won't start. I have a bad key signal coming on. This morning when I got to work the van wouldn't shut off even with the keys out. This has been happening for the past few weeks and every time before now it would eventually shut off but not this morning. I had to get security to come unhook one of the battery terminals to get it to turn off. I just came out of work and it won't turn on.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: I checked. It's all good.
JA: What year is your Town and Country?
Customer: 2010
JA: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried to fox it myself. My husband is bringing a spare key to see if it will work.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have a combination of issues going on.

The engine continuing to run could have been a wiring or TIPM issue but is most likely a bad wireless ignition node, which is where the key is inserted. The WIN is also a possibility for the no start condition, it's what reads the transponder in the key and validates it. If a second key does start the engine then the first one is bad. If a second good key doesn't start it either then odds are you have a bad WIN causing both problems.