Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

My 04 town and country started and ran a few seconds several

Customer Question

My 04 town and country started and ran a few seconds several times then it suddenly wouldn't even turn over
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Does it seem like the battery has a full charge? Headlights, radio, etc all work fine?

Do you have a spare key you could try?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It has a full charge , everything works except the starter and unfortunately I only have one key
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Do you feel comfortable doing some electrical testing? Do you have a multimeter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Unfortunately I'm broken down in a parking lot and I don't have a multimeter with me
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Try tapping on the starter with something solid (a hammer, or wrench) and see if it will crank again. It could be a bad starter, but that wouldn't make it stall.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have pretty good mechanical abilities ,tried tapping on the solenoid one of the first things I tried , the starter sounded fine before all this and the thing runs great . I'm nearly positive it's something with the anti theft system
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

It's most likely a PCM power issue. I don't think the PATS key on this model would cause it to stall.

Try unplugging the PCM connector and check for corrosion and water damage. Then plug it back in.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Hi, do you still need help with this?

If not, please don't forget to rate.