Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .
45790705

Cannot find the fuse for the cigarett lighter/power outlet

Customer Question

Cannot find the fuse for the cigarett lighter/power outlet fuse under the hood. Where is it?
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?
Customer: Guess not. I know where one is inside the car.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: W005
JA: What year is your Chrysler?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The power outlet cigarett will not charge tech equipment
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Connect me to what
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

can you tell me what model ?is your 2005 Chrysler ? and what engine size ? so i can look up for you the fuse diagram for it and see if we can find it

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Will check
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Could it be 2.4 liter

i see you request it a phone call , i don't mind calling you , unless you hit the key on screen by mistake .please let me know

thanks

chad

i tried , but it shows me you need to update your card on file

is it a sebring , 300, pacifica ,crossfire ?

and yes on the 2.4 liter or v6 2.7 liter?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is a PT

ok one second

I sent you the wiring circuit diagram , please prees on blue link to open diagram

there is no fuse in the circuit it goes from switch to lighter and the other wire on lighter is ground , now there is a 20 amp fuse as you can see

but if this out you want have the switch working at all not just the lighter , but that fuse will be under the hood box .

If you notice on that circuit , the wire goes straight from ignition switch to lighter and it is on constantly 12 volts .

you either have a broken wire or loose ground or just a simple defective lighter , check the power & ground to it ,if you have them replace it

An instrument panel mounted cigar lighter/power outlet receptacle (Fig. 1)is optional equipment on this model. On models equipped with the optional Smoker's Package, the cigar lighter knob and heating element are included. On models without the Smoker's Package, the cigar lighter receptacle is equipped with a snap fit plastic cap and is treated as an auxiliary power outlet. The cigar lighter receptacle is installed in the instrument panel accessory switch bezel, which is located near the bottom of the instrument panel center stack area, below the radio. The cigar lighter base is secured by a snap fit within the center lower bezel. This power outlet has a constant 12 volt battery feed.

Please let me know ,if that work for you

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician