sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Same issues--blinking lights, stalling on my 2003 Chrysler

Customer Question

good morning! same issues--blinking lights, stalling on my 2003 Chrysler Concorde.
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: same as everyone else's--sometimes check engine light comes on. sometimes the car stalls at idle. local repair shop can't recommend anything because it's intermittent.
JA: Are you fixing your Concorde yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. Have taken it to the local repair mechanic, who is pretty good. Hubby is concerned it's an electrical problem that will cost more to chase than car is worth.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Car has had these symptoms before--a couple of years ago we replaced the computer chip (?) about $1,200, and problem has recurred.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 21 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the engine light is coming on it's because the powertrain control module is seeing a failure in a monitored component or system and setting a fault code. The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes are setting and then testing can be done from there. Do you know what codes are setting?