Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

A 1999 voyager. water is accumulating just under the wiper

Customer Question

a 1999 voyager. water is accumulating just under the wiper assembly and leaking into car. Checked window seals and they are good. Is there a drain hole inside that might be clogged? the water only appears after a heavy rain.
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: its water. I took the wiper unit off and there was over a gallon of water inside. as you drive the water sloshes through the holes in the frame of the dash into the car
JA: Are you fixing your Voyager yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i bought some caulking strips and placed them along the bottom of the window where the wiper housing meets the windshield
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not yet
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. Yes there is drains on both sides of the cowling. here is a video on how to check and clean them, even though this is for a caravan is identical procedure for your voyager. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQh9sABG-XQ Hope this helps solve your problem and if you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so.