bill, chrysler master tech
Experience:  25 years with chrysler drivability and electrical expert

Just got an 06 pt cruiser with only one key, looking too get

Customer Question

just got an 06 pt cruiser with only one key, looking too get another
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: no,, just old
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, its one of the chipped keys
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 21 days ago.

we DO NOT sell parts here BUT you can purchase a new key at many locksmiths OR your local chrysler dealer, in any case it will need to be programmed, many dealers will program the key for free IF you purchase the key from THEM others charge a nominal fee for the tech's time USUALLY 1/2 hours labor sometimes less.

the locksmith can also program the new key IF they have the proper key programming equipment USUALLY a locksmith that stocks the key can program it, since ALL new cars now have chipped keys it is becoming more popular with locksmiths.

due to security issues ONLY a locksmith OR the dealer can obtain the proper key pin code and program a key (IF you had 2 GOOD programmed keys there is a manual program method BUT it MUST have 2 good keys)

this site is on the honor system once you are satisfied with the service you rate it, you have already paid to use the site all a rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and that comes out of the fee you paid to use the service

each expert is an independent "contractor" and is only paid for their time when you rate the service 3 stars or higher

any positive ratings allow me to assist you with this question in the future if you need if you have further questions pleas ASK, i am here to help as well as I can