Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I've got a 2004 crossfire ltd. and having the typical lock

Customer Question

I've got a 2004 crossfire ltd. and having the typical lock cylin. problem key wont turn etc... have taken the housing out and obviously still have the non turning key problem have also the ignition switch inside where the little fork that goes in the center of the return spring its brocken at the fork so im trying to decide if going through the xpense of new housing switch and tumbler is the best way to go or if i should install a push start system and if so what system would be most compatible with my car? By the way Im a female but I have a brain and willing to learn and am open minded to advise!! Let me thank you in advance for your help and time :) my name is Robbin
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: the steering wheel didnt turn and the key was about 5 months old
JA: Are you fixing your Crossfire yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the steering turns now because i ground down the pin to get the housing out
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: um nope thanks
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hey there Moose no one as of yet still, so give me your best shot. So nobody dares help or just don't want to? Most lock smiths dont either and I find dealerships both Mercedes and Chrysler dont want to either my car is what they call the bastard child to both makers.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my cell number is(###) ###-####you can txt me too

A failure of the tumblers or lock cylinder should be to blame for the key not able to turn. With it out and apart are you able to manually turn the linkage to get the ignition switch to receive the different positions. Below is one of the diagrams I am using.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/tumblers.pdf

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.