Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.
3195632

When the timing belt broke at 96,000+, 96,000+ & no it has

Customer Question

When the timing belt broke at 96,000+
JA: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?
Customer: 96,000+ & no it has never been changed.
JA: What is the model of your '96 Chrysler?
Customer: not a "96. It is a 2002 PT Dream Cruiser. It has a little over 96,000 miles on it.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We took it to a Chrysler garage & they wanted to put a used motor in & I don't want someone else's problems we will likely have our local garage put a new motor in if we can find one.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

Ok, I am not quite sure what your exact question is - are you wanting to know where you can get a new crate engine, or something else about it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would like to know where I can purchase a new Crate engine the price quote for it. Thank you!! 2002 Dream Cruiser, automatic, 4-cylinder.
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

You can get a new engine from http://www.crateenginesforsale.com/chrysler/chrysler-pt-cruiser-crate-engine/

As to the price, you will need to contact them as any quote the give me is a repair shop price, which is substantially lower than their retail price to the public

Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.