Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I just had a brake job done on pt cruiser - 4 new rotors and

Customer Question

I just had a brake job done on pt cruiser - 4 new rotors and new calipers, new master cylinder. everything done by professional. Brake pedal still soft. What can I do? professional said soft brake pedal is normal.
JA: How old are the brakes? How many miles on the car?
Customer: Brand new brakes, new master cylinder. new master cylinder was bench bled before installation. new rotors and new calipers all around. They said all air is out of system, but soft brake pedal. 226,000 miles on car. it runs fine.
JA: What year is your PT Cruiser?
Customer: 2001 PT Cruiser, I bought it new.
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I installed new rotors and new calipers and new master cylinder which I bench bled. When I still had brake issues, I called professional. They picked up the car and checked everything out,rebleeding braker. They found 1 of new calipers bad. They installed another new caliper and said everything is now ok. They drove the car 40 miles to my house. I paid $502.65 for brake work they did, but I still have soft brake pedal. They said this is normal, but it wasn't that soft before.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: How do I cure this soft brake pedal problem?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

Ok, does it have ABS brakes?

If you pump the brake pedal several times quickly, does it temporarily give a better pedal the next time you push it?

I need to you look at the calipers for the front and rear and tell me if the bleeder screws are below or above the brake hose to caliper connection(towards bottom or top of caliper)

Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

Did you still need help? If so, I do need the answer to the additional information I requested