Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

I have a 2008 Chrysler Town/country Van and the Electronic

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Chrysler Town/country Van and the Electronic Throttle Control light is on.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The manaul says it is a electronic throttle control light which is red and located on the upper left hand side of the dash. There is also a "check Engine" light on too.
JA: What is the model of your '08 Chrysler?
Customer: Town and Coun try Van
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am smelling gas and have an appointment to get it repaired 3 weeks from now, bit, I believe, I cannot wait.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it an easy repair?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

The throttle control light is common on this van. It illuminates when the computer detects a disagreement in the signals between the gas pedal the the throttle body.

Essentially this car uses electronic signals to tell the engine when you are pressing on the gas pedal. There is no mechanical linkage between the gas pedal and the engine- it's all electronic. So if those signals don't line up the vehicle triggers a fault code and sets the ETC light to warn you that your vehicle needs service.

Do you plan to work on this yourself?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

You will need a scan tool to tell whether the problem is in the throttle body or the accelerator pedal. The light alone won't tell you which is acting up, but the scan tool will.

Do you have access to a scan tool?

Expert:  Jared D replied 17 days ago.

Hi, do you still need help with this?