Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Have a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country, 3.8 engine. This

Customer Question

Have a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country, 3.8 engine. This vehicle is used as a taxi, one night the driver was driving and the air bag light came on, he kept driving through the night and with doing this then all the dash light came on,. then it was cut off and begin to be hard to crank turning over and over, battery good. finally it cranked, drove some more. parked for night, next day cranked it, drove awhile and shut off, then never would crank again. (just turned over and over) Had vehicle towed to shop, couldn't commuicate with anything, so we replaced the PCM. Now it cranks and runs, but no dash light of any kind, radio etc. can commuicate with PCM but not BCM, Is their any way to test the BCM or should we look at a different route.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  david craig replied 8 months ago.

Hi Im David, seen this a thousand times. replace the bcm after youve checked all of the fuses.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Does the BCM need to be programed, if I go to the junk yard. I can send mine out through Auto Zone, takes about a week or so.Thanks

yes it has to be programmed to the vin

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks, I'll be happy to rate this service once its running within a week a two.

the option to rate this will expire within that time frame, good luck anyways.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, thanks for alerting me, I will do it sooner

since you have a long history of not rating people, i hardly expect that. good day.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Mr. Craig,
Thanks for all you help and as you would expect that last comment wasn't needed as I was in and still in the process of rating our conversations, but your stars are gray out from the 3rd one on. Is this something you handle as FAQ says.

thanks for replying and as a practice i do not like to be rated until what i have suggested fixes the issue. there fore, if the time frame to rate expires, i will assume that all is well with the vehicle. ill leave this open in case you get this issue taken care of before it times out. thanks