john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech ASE certified

ND-Tech I have a question. I have a 2006 Pt Crusier while on

Customer Question

Hi ND-Tech I have a question. I have a 2006 Pt Crusier while on the highway doing about 65-70mph my timing belt broke. I had to replace the belt however my check engine light turns on. My car at 3.5 rpm when exclerating seems to jolt so I try not to go over I went to autozone to check the codes and it states I need to change my crank and cam sensor, however this was change before my timing belt broke. Would this be a sign that my valves are semi bent.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 1 month ago.

no if you had a valve issue you would have a compression loss or a miss fire...either the belt is off a tooth or you have a cam or crank issue

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would there be any noticeable noises that I would hear while driving that could give me more insight to the issue? I hear a light clanking noise when I accelerate.

what are the codes? sounds like a timing issue

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not sure to be honest I did not ask when they put in the code. They just advise that the cam and crank sensor were showing as the cause for the check engine.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My main concern would be if I keep driving it like that what are the possible out comes at this point. If it is a timing issue, I owe the car still and not sure if i should put the money towards fixing it or is it time to trade and get a new car.