sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

The car dies wile driving and after 30 or 40 minute's it

Customer Question

The car dies wile driving and after 30 or 40 minute's it starts I change the fuel pump the Map sensor no check engine light no codes I'm still having the same problem
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Is no light at all
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 1999 LHS
JA: Are you fixing your LHS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes my self I put a new fuel pump change the idle sensor the map sensor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer . There are 3 common causes for this. 1 a failing crank shaft position sensor, 2 a failing cam shaft position sensor, and 3 a failing PCM (engine computer). Either one can act up when the engine warms up.. crank sensors or cam shaft sensors usually set a code. If there are no codes at all, then suspect a failing PCM and have it replaced.

checking in to see how its going

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 29 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have quite a few things going on and it will take some testing while the problem is happening to determine the cause. You may be losing fuel pressure due to a loss of power or ground to the pump or you could be losing spark due to a number of causes.

During the period where the engine does not restart what happens when you try to start it?