sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

2002 concorde lxi. My alarm goes of at random i got this

Customer Question

2002 concorde lxi. My alarm goes of at random i got this code out of it passenger door central lock/unlock switch failure. I need to get fixed before my nabbers call police
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your Concorde yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: im a journeymen but not to a specific mack have no tried any thing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the lights flash on and off at random to
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if the code is for the disarm switch in the passenger door. This is a switch on the back of the lock cylinder that sends a signal when the door is locked and unlocked with the key, used for arming and disarming security and central locking. This won't cause the alarm to go off.

The most likely cause for the alarm going off on it's own is a bad door ajar switch in one of the door latches.

What lights are flashing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks so much i knew it was one of the door latches. i just don't know witch one. you where no help

I can only work from the information posted to the page and you did not mention knowing what the cause of the problem was. What were you needing help with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i don't want to have to put all the doors apart
how do i find witch door it is

The correct way to diagnose it would be to use a scan tool to communicate with the BCM and see which door set the alarm off.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a snap on scanner and it didn't pick up i went to a dealership and they want 150 dollars to find it and one hour so i don't know what to do as a dodge scanner can

The other option would be to unplug the door latches one at a time to see when the alarm stops going off.