Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Where is the reciever for the key fob located on a 2004

Customer Question

Where is the reciever for the key fob located on a 2004 Crossfire, I changed batteries on both fobs and need to change on reciever also.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Cary York replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

There are no batteries in the receiver. It is powered by the car battery. Do the door locks work properly by the door switches?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The lock switch on dash works on both doors when doors are closed, I tried with both fobs and only one works and only if the other fob or key is in ignition and on acc. giving power to system with doors closed , note I can only do this with one fob and other must be on acc. for power to car . If I switch fobs I can not do that.

Sorry I will have to opt out so another expert can help.

Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you out. The entry module reciever I s mounted behind the instrument cluster. If you would like me to send you the procedures for replacing it, let me know and I will send it when I get home from work tonight.

Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Chris would this entry module reciever be the cause of the problem , refer back to message dated 9-19-2016 3:13 PM
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Yes it would. I have personally replaced the entry module reciever for this exact same problem that you are experiencing.

Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you send instructions on how to replace entry module and access it . THANKS
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Yes. I will do that now!\

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Ok, I have placed the procedure in the link below. Click on that link to see it. You can then print it out if needed.

I hope that my answer/ information was helpful and if so would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. If you need further assistance, I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I sent the procedure, were you able to see it?

Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was not able to open up info on repl.acing module. Steve
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hmmm, it is a Word document. Maybe tty anothef computer that has a Word processor program.

Chris